Sunday, September 10, 2006

Keane is "so rock and roll!"

Keane is cancelling their North America tour so that lead singer Tom Chaplin can complete his rehab programme for drug and alcohol addiction.

I should start relooking at their lyrics. Perhaps when he was singing Somewhere Only We Know, he meant that certain drug pusher around the corner. So it was like some wink wink hint hint moment with drug fans in home town Battle, East Sussex? And the lyric: I'm getting old and I need something to rely on? Very suspicious - suddenly.

This Is The Last Time? This is the last time / That I will say these words / I remember the first time / The first of many lies / Sweep it into the corner / Or hide it under the bed / Say these things they go away / But they never do. Like, wow, it was so obvious. Hiding the little bolts of single malt scottish whisky? Or the magnums of champagne? Sweeping needles under the carpet?

I could probably go on. But I'll keep it short. Hope Tom Chaplin can really get better and make a better third album since the "difficult" second album is already out.

No comments: