Wednesday, September 20, 2006

The Coup D'eThai - I swear this is true

I might have told many about my plans to head up to Phuket next month. It's the Phuket Vegetarian Festival. I was hoping this will be the first of my many photo trips around the region.

So merrily I went about purchasing my tickets from Tiger Airways.

I got my tickets confirmed at 23:14H. Guess what time was did Thailand went into a State of Emergency? 22:20G which equals to 23:20H (Singapore time).

WHAT THE F*^&@$!!!!

This is totally unacceptable! Why wasn't I warned? The only consolation is that I almost booked my resort hotel as well.....now I'm in a dilemma. Should I just wait for the exchange rates to go down further before I book my resort? But if I remember correctly, the actual deduction is when I pay for it when I check out. So it doesn't make much of a difference. Only difference is significant if I pay everything by cash. Which will probably be best if I carry lotsa Singapore dollars and change them in Phuket into baht. Hmm....idea.

Actually when I was informing all and sundry on my limited msn list who were online, the first thought that came to mind was that this is an act of desperation that had been boiling. Immediately following was, "What would the King do?" This will be crucial in the next few stages as martial law is put in place.

Here's a great blow by blow update by cowboy caleb. Ironically, it was his blog I first came to know about the coup as he is in Pattaya at the moment. Staying at the same hotel I was in when I was there in July no less.

A current wikipedia entry of the coup can be found here. Long Live wiki sites! Long live blogging!

No comments: