Sunday, September 24, 2006

Miami Wice

I caught the movie together with some friends.

I can't say it's bad. Cause it wasn't.

I should add that I really liked Collateral.

Well, firstly, the cinema wasn't too cold. Which was great. But then the sound was kinda muted. Which, for an action show, just won't do. There were instances when I thought it was really odd. Like during explosions. No impact. Nothing. Maybe it's that particular hall at Plaza Sing.

Secondly, was the choice of soundtrack for the movie. Michael Mann is clearly a fan of Audioslave. The movie featured quite a number of tracks from that band. But sometimes the music just don't seem to fit the mood of the scene. Like, do you really wanna have Chris Cornell (lead singer of Audioslave, formerly of Sound Garden if my memory serves me well enough) wailing while you are having passionate sex??

Then there is the chemistry between Colin Farell and Gong Li. There isn't any. And a number of times, Colin seems to be showing this puzzled look on his face. My guess is that he can't quite understand what Gong Li is saying.

Finally there is that weird editing. It was like quite jerky at some point. Can't really be sure if it was because of censorship.

There was a funny bit that V picked up. One of the bad guys (well, if drug dealing = bad deed) named Jose, did eventually become somewhat of a Jackson Pollock's creation when he was splattered against a cargo container.

All in all, not fun for the family. Can do without the vice.

No comments: