Tuesday, March 07, 2006

What I did with my Krisflyer Miles

I redeemed a large chunk of it for a return ticket to jakarta. Spent a relaxing weekend in jakarta and was away from the hustle and bustle of the city proper because V was staying at Sheraton Bandara. The hotel is only 10 minutes away from the airport but a good 40minutes from the main city area.

I brought my camera along but, I cannot believe this, I never took it out of the pouch. There were lots of photo opportunities but somehow just didn't muster enough enthusiasm.

After a prolonged period of inactivity in this blog, I kinda think I have nothing much to write about. So I am writing all this mundane boring stuff that doesn't provide much insight but hey, better something than nothing, right?

Ok, maybe I should just drag on with the jkt trip and really flog it for all it's worth.

Arrived on thursday night and kinda just showered than sleep. Woke on friday at about mid-day then just explored the sprawling hotel grounds (the highest floor in the hotel was the 4th cause land's not expensive in jakarta, especially when it is near the airport, surrounded by marsh). Had oxtail soup for lunch before reading Freakonomics at leisure. Was still full from lunch when V came back so skipped dinner.

Saturday was like Singapore weekend. Spent the day at Plaza Senayan and Plaza Indonesia. Both the shopping centres had similar shops.....the luxury brands and also spotted local brands like Pretty Fit, Beetle Bug, Charles and Keith, Bread Talk, m)phosis, GG<5. The Singapore clothing brands seem to charge a premium cause the prices were higher than those in singapore. Perhaps it's marketed as an international brand there? There's good old Mango and Zara to fall back on which I think made V rather happy.

Sunday was more rest with V going to the gym while I chill out by the pool. Caught some sun from late morning till mid day. Had lunch with V and watched some tv with her. Thereafter it was the long dreaded wait to take the shuttle bus to the airport.

It felt like a short trip cause I guess like they say, time flies when you are having fun. It wasn't fun fun but enjoyable to spend time with V with nothing to do. No agenda. Fuss free.

She'll be back on next friday. feels like a long way. i think she feels the same. working overseas isn't as fun as we thought it'd be. but if it wasn't jkt and it was hk instead, i'm sure it'll be much better. =)

No comments: