Friday, March 24, 2006

Crashed

I just watched Crash on Wednesday.

I am not going to comment on which movie, Brokeback Mountain or Crash, should be awarded the Oscar for Best Picture.

But I would want to say the story telling is not as tight as Syriana, it is not as beautifully shot as Brokeback Mountain, acting was not as strong as Capote or Transamerica or Walk The Line or Munich.

But there was something in the movie that made me think and rethink the movie tagline.

You think you know who you are. You have no idea.


At certain times, I thought I was some parts of one character and at other times, I was some parts of another. It was a very reflective movie unlike the other movies which dealt with "bigger" issues like middle east politics, oil industry, death sentences, transgenderism....it was more personal perhaps because in Singapore, a multi-racial island that it is, situations in the movie seemed so real.

No comments: