Monday, March 20, 2006

British Puppets

Beth Orton has got a lovely new album out called "Comfort Of Strangers" and the first single is "Conceived".

beth orton
See Beth with "swamp thing" and other puppets!


I think it's such a postive littly ditty.
The video features Beth playing her guitar with a number of puppets (you can have a look at her site, scroll down) that reminded me of the Rainbow - this British children's tv show. It's got a pink hippo and a zippered mouth puppet. I'm sure you can remember. Some of you at least.

And I found this video on ebaumsworld. And it can be shared from Youtube.com!



Suddenly I realise why I grew up the way I did.

Sample lines:

"Jeffrey's trying to get him up"
"I've got it in!"
"Playing with each other?"
"Do you have a special friend that you like to play with?"
"Jeffrey, yesterday we played with our balls didn't we? Are we going to play with our friends' balls instead?"
"Jane has got two lovely maracas."
"I was banging away all last night with Rod and Roger."

Hahahahahahaha!

Click here to view the video.

No comments: