Tuesday, November 01, 2005

Accupuncture

My ankle refuses to recover.

This is my third visit to the Chinese Physician. And probably fourth posting about the ankle.

The first one had me wrapped in some blackish green gooey substance.
Second one had the same substance but that came only after accupuncture.

Today I was back at the clinic. So he gave me a herbal steam bath (for the ankle lah). Then another accupuncture session. The previous time he used 4 needles. Today it was 5. Never had accupuncture? I won't say it if it was painful or not. Best to go try it yourself.

Anyhow, there are small punctures around my ankle. I hope it works.

Today and the previous time, I was treated by the male doctor. Previously, it was a small size woman who treated me the first time round. I had thought she was chinese. As in, China chinese. Turns out she wasn't! And I am not the only who thought she was from China.

There was this auntie (I gather she was about 60plus from her voice and the fact that she had grandchildren) who made an appointment for massage. I was on the next bed, with needles around my ankle, and curtains drawn around me. So I overheard their conversation.

Auntie: Good thing you are here, I don't like men to touch me. There aren't many female physicians.

Female physician: Ya, sure, you can come here in future for all your massages.

Auntie: So how long have you been in Singapore?

Female physician: I am Singaporean.

Auntie: Oh, so you now PR?

Female physician: I am Singaporean.

Auntie: Ya but how long have you been here?

Female physician: I am Singaporean.

Auntie: You are Singaporean? Not PR?

Female physician: I am Singaporean.

Auntie: So how long have you been in this clinic?

I couldn't giggle because giggling is for girls giggling would have made the needles more painful I did not find it funny.

No comments: