Sunday, April 01, 2007

No fr34k1n9 time

Whirlwind of a weekend.

Stayed till late so the weekend was off to a faulty start. Had to miss steamboat dinner with jados and the rest of the gang cause I couldn't make it in time and had a concert to attend.

Concert. Hush - Concave Scream. Wowee Zowee! That's the 3rd concert this month after Jose Gonzales and Rachael Yamagata.

I am so sure the artwork on this is by Andy Yang.

March was a cultural month. Well, sorta.

I had music! Plenty of concerts and plenty of new albums (Rachael Yamagata, The Magic Numbers, The Decemeberists, Tracey Thorn....I will talk about The Obs new album - A Far Cry From Here at a later date).

I had art! Solo exhibition by Lin Bao-ling. A bit low on this one....I'm sure I will head to the National Art Gallery when it opens soon. And perhaps I should just try my luck at Andy Yang's studio. It's so near my place! See if there's anything that strikes my fancy and within my budget. But first, need to know if the studio is (a) open for viewing and (b) have items for sale.

I had fashion! Club 21 Bazaar Sale! Finally after 4 barren years! The usual Club 21 Sale don't do much for me cause the prices and range usually don't fit me. But the Bazaar Sale is a totally different animal all by itself. Yes, so what if the stuff is from seasons ago? I saw at least three other senior colleagues milling around with their missus. No doubt looking for a bargain as well. My sister! Who is holidaying in Sweden! Is buying! Another pair of! Nudies! For me! But damn sad....no more Regular Ralf. So I'm settling for Straight Sven Dry Selvage (SSDS). I'm afraid it's gonna be a close similarity between the fit of my A.P.C New Standards (NS) and SSDS. Well I still got my SJDB - Slim Jim Dry Black!

So where did Fashion + Art + Music converge this week? At Sirens! Tony Tay meets Future Funk Squad with visuals by Bento and fullscreamriot.

It was a so-so set that had really memorable tracks. I think I just needed to get away. I had my weekend spoilt by a late phonecall on Friday night so I had a "let's just give it all" attitude. I remember bits of it....

  • Touch Me - Rui da Silva featuring Cassandra
  • Gorecki - Lamb (some mix)
  • Just Can't Get Enough - Depeche Mode (some mix)
  • Knights Of Cyndonia - Muse
  • Starlight - Muse
  • Inner City Life - Goldie
  • Chime - Orbital
  • Everything Counts - Depeche Mode
  • Mr Brightside - The Killers
There's always art in Zouk. The visuals created by bento and fullscreamriot also art. Some of the girls there are pieces of art. Race queens included. Fashion....princess poofie was complaining royally that she couldn't sight any Fred Perry polos. I mouthed a silent prayer. I was asking her about her HoH UHU GARETH PUGH t-shirt.

Tiring weekend. Duty in later. Again.






1 comment:

Chuang Shyue Chou said...

Most likely the official Schizo Mix for 'Just can't get enough'.

The rarer DJ remixed ones aren't in great circulation.