Sunday, April 29, 2007

I believe my life is to be lived alone.

Discoveries are sweetened when made alone with nobody to share it with. But experiences are different. It's not also fun to experience a sight, a city or a feeling alone.

I had dinner alone today. Wandered about J8 thinking that there's Seoul Garden there. I'm wont to go for steamboats alone. I realised while reading this morning's papers that a famous chef shares this "hobby" with me.

Seoul Garden is no longer doing business in J8.

I had dinner at Yoshinoya instead.

And while tucking in my beef bowl, the voice of Paolo Nutini wafted through the speakers of the eatery....

and I'm wondering 'round
with a half pack of cigarettes
searching for the change that I've lost somehow

Where'd the days go? When all we did was play
And the stress that we were under wasn't stress at all


These streets have too many names for me
I'm used to Glenfield road and spending my time down in Orchy
I'll get used to this eventually
I know, I know
you keep telling me so

Sometimes a song strikes you from nowhere and creates such a big impact. It's like a soundtrack of your life.

So I'm glad I didn't manage to find Seoul Garden in J8 tonight. I wouldn't have found this song that fitted nicely into my today.

No comments: