Tuesday, April 24, 2007

A trio of goodies!

I got myself new CDs from
Bloc Party - A Weekend In The Cit
y,


Thirteen Senses - Contact



and Feist - The Reminder.


All fantastic. There is so much talent in this world. How to appreciate them all?


Ho ho ho! There is this information I gleamed from the internet about how Liam Gallagher thought that Bloc Party's album was bollocks and the band looks like they just stepped out from University Challenge - a British tv show pitting bright Uni students against each other, but when he heard SRXT (abbreviation for Seroxat - an antidepressant), he cried for 15 mintues into a cushion. That swine! Liam's probably being sarcastic.

But when I read the lyrics which went ".......being a man made me coarse when I wanted to be delicate........" and ".....like a castaway on a warm ocean, waiting for a purpose to rise. They say it's not becoming for a boy my age", I am not so sure anymore.

But the best lines have got to be

"If you want to know what makes me sad, well, it's hope - the endurance of faith.
A battle that lasts a lifetime, a fight that never ends
"

Typical British self-deprecation. Wonderful.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

bloc party performs regularly over here. :)
i'm bringing sexyback on next saturday! whooppeee!
annoying sista.

.::: .: :.:. :.: ... ::: :. .::. .: :. ::. said...

most annoying indeed!
regularly? you'd better go!