Monday, October 16, 2006

Typically....I don't stay down for long

There was a time, older than the present, when the wrinkles around the corner of my eyes appear only when I smile. Now they disappear only when I'm aghast.

I've decided to clear my iPod nano of all these negative songs. Before I do that, I'll post all the songs inside this playlist named 18 on my blog. For posterity.

I'm gonna load the nano with stuff like the following:

Pick-Me-Uppers
Disco 2000 - Pulp
Park Life - Blur
We're Young - Supergrass
Near Wild Heaven - REM
A Thousand Miles - Vanessa Carlton (love the piano, reminds me of Reese Witherspoon in Legally Blonde)

Sappy Love Songs
Something Nice - Stina Nordenstam (and when I sometimes suddenly remember your smile)
Passenger Seat - Death Cab For Cutie ("do they collide?" I asked and you smiled)
Northen Sky - Nick Drake (but now you're here, brighten my northen sky)
My Blue Heaven - Smashing Pumpkins (just Molly and me, and baby makes three)
I Melt With You - Any version, Jason Mraz will do. Or Nouvelle Vague (making love to you was never second best!)

I think we all choose how we live. Those who can't. Well, they're sick. Mentally. Those who can, why should we choose to be miserable? Leave the misery to inspire the tortured artists. It's hard enough to get by so why make it worse?

2 comments:

Goat Almighty said...

staying miserable only dampens the morale obviously.

if something can be done to get it changed, then it should be changed.

life is only so short.

Tan Kok Seng said...

I Melt With You -- it's got to be the Modern English version for me. I even have the CD single.