Saturday, October 21, 2006

Movie and Theatre - nothing to do with it

In Ass Tee Life! section today they're telling us who won the Young Artist Award.

Yo Shao Ann - was awarded for his technical work in theatre. Since 1993! But I'd always thought he was a teacher. Can't remember VJ or VS. The one time I saw his name credited was in Broadway Beng. But, really, I haven't been frequenting the theatre or performing arts scene.

Kelvin Tong - was awarded for his work in movie-making I'd guess. He's a Victorian too.

And why is it that even though the features of Devon Aoki, when viewed singly are so ugly but when they are put together as an ensemble on her face....they become beguilingly attractive. She's got this totally unique look on her. She's got a sad pout (I personally find that appealing), eyes that don't scream "public relations!".... maybe I just dig her the way Kate Moss must have when she apprenticed Devon.

And Scarlett Johansson.....haven't we been seeing her a tad too much these coming weeks. The Black Dahlia, Scoop and The Prestige.....ok, Hugh Jackman as well but don't really care about that. I think she's falling out of favour with me. Not that she or anyone cares. I can't stand having older men showing interest in her. Well, by older men I was being general. Specifically, Woody Allen.

I thought the conversation with her on stage for the first time was really Woody Allen's way of saying "I wanna fuck you." Woody tried to hide this (he is the director afterall) by making a parody out of that few lines, you'd know, if you'd watched the movie. The one that went about how he really loves her, how she is a fine example of her race blah blah. And when they were in the Indian restaurant talking about her being his daughter, man, that was so blatant. Woody Allen DID marry his own daughter.

Ok, it sickens amuses me to know that Ho Yeow Sun is from VJ. And so is Adam Khoo...

No comments: