Sunday, October 01, 2006

The Best Break Up Songs In The World.......EVER!

in no particular order...........

1) no distance left to run - blur

Its over
I knew it would end this way
I hope you're with someone
Who makes you feel
That this life
Is a lie

video link

2) broken heart - spiritualised

And I'm crying all the time
I have to keep it covered up
With a smile
And I'll keep on moving on
For a while
But I have a broken heart...

3) last goodbye - jeff buckley

This is our last goodbye
I hate to feel the love between us die
But it's over
Just hear this and then I'll go
You gave me more to live for
More than you'll ever know

video link

4) a place aside - beth orton

I suppose it must be true
There will always be a place aside
For you...

5) empty - the cranberries

Say a prayer for me
Help me to feel the strength I did
My identity
Has it been taken
Is my heart breaking on me

video link

6) let it die - feist

And after all
It won't take long
To fall in love
Now I know
What I don't want
I learned that with you

video link

7) chinese translation - m. ward

What do you do with the pieces of a broken heart
And how can a man like me remain in the light
And if life is really as short as they say
Then why is the night so long

video link


8) how do you keep love alive - ryan adams & the cardinals

What, what are the words
They use when they know it's over
"We need to talk," or
"I'm confused, maybe later you can come over"

video link

9) letter to elise - the cure

And every time I try to pick it upLike falling sand
As fast as I pick it up
It runs away through my clutching hands
But there's nothing else I can really do

video link
I just have to include one more video link here

10) so cruel - u2

Desperation is a tender trap
It gets you every time
You put your lips to her lips
To stop the lie

video link

2 comments:

Chuang Shyue Chou said...

Would you consider this to be a song about breaking up? Cryptic



Shattered In Aspect - Faith and the Muse

It's time to let go Time to spend some time alone
Farbeit to explain what has been done and what is illusion

We have outlived ourselves By many a ruined year
The future ripped from a tattered page

Like the violence in dream-dead eyes The reflection of a thousand tangled views
Cause and Effect
Like the diamond that cuts the light
The radiation from a single mind

We could outlive ourselves
Acting out a tedious wish long fulfilled
Over and over and over again

It's time to let go Time to spend some time alone
Reconsider what could be doneUnbind the imagination

We're ready for a new age of innocence

.::: .: :.:. :.: ... ::: :. .::. .: :. ::. said...

well, was that a question or a statement?

not heard of the band/song so I suppose it won't be a fair consideration.

but it comes across more like a song about man - nature - technology - hubris and the inelasticity of time.

haha....maybe not.