Friday, April 07, 2006

SendStation Pocket Dock!

It's here!

I got it from Club 21 ishop at Cineleisure.



This is how I am happier. But still not a happy boy.

So I have gotten the SendStation Pocket Dock and the Etymotic earphones.

What the pocket dock does is to provide a convenient USB female end when you are bringing your iPod around but not the cable. The pocket dock will connect to any normal USB cable (those used with printers and scanners) and so replace the need for bringing extra cables all the time. Another big plus (which was the main reason why I bought it anyway) is that there is a Line Out jack. Which means that without lugging my dock around, I can have higher fidelity output from the iPod. This is really fantastic because after I moved on from a 3G iPod to a iPod 4G aka iPod Photo, my dock couldn't be used anymore. 4G is thicker and it doesn't come with a dock of it's own. So when I connect external speakers to my iPod, like when I bring them out to the beach or on holiday with V, the sound is feeble. It wasn't always like this. When I used to have the dock, it was really good.

Now with the pocket dock, quality sounds is mine again! But do take note. The output from the Line Out is not suitable for earphone usage. It'll definitely be too loud for your ears. If you find that with the audio being fed into your ear through the Line Out and you still can't hear properly, it's either you are already deaf or it's some equipment failure.


And I've got another bugbear about my etymotic earphones. The soundstage (which is the apparent angle where the sound is coming from when using earphones) is quite tight. It's not like some of the other commercial earphones or headphones that really is fun to listen with when enjoying music with sounds that appear to be running all over.

No comments: