Saturday, April 15, 2006

Ministry of Sound, In Search of Sunrise 5, Tiesto, aggression

You see, unlike some people who can never see how the study of a society, the demographics, the decisons it makes, the tendencies for certain outcomes, patterns, behaviours and the myriad of conclusions that can be drawn from the statistics present, is a science, I am a firm believer.

Statistics, is analogous to a bikini. What it reveals is often interesting. But what it hides is very much intriguing. None more so than the co-relation found by authors, Steven D. Levitt and Stephen J. Dubner, of the book Freakonomics. Well, using econometrics, they kinda prove that it was the legalisation of abortion in America in 1970s that truly led to a nationwide fall in crime rate in the 1990s. Not better policing, not better laws, not tougher stance against crimes. Abortion. Because lesser children were born into poor families that will be more likely to grow into criminals; robbers, muggers, burglars, murderers. Well...that was a very coarse summary.

But it's a known statistical fact that a nation with a large population of young males who are jobless will see more riots, violent acts etc.

......a sizeable surplus of young, unmarried adult males in a population poses a potential threat to security.....If over 20 percent of a country's population is comprised of young people, this 'youth bulge' supposedly makes it more vulnerable to political instability.....


And so it is with the crowd at Ministry of Sound.

I don't fancy violence. I don't fancy complex coordination when it comes to clubbing. To me, clubbing is essentially the departure of complexities. Just the music and the movement. No aggression. No disrespect. As Grandmaster Flash would have put it nicely in his seminal dance track, it's all about Peace. Love. And Unity. P.L.U.
Grandmaster Flash knew it since 1986 cause that's when P.L.U. came out in the album The Source.

How is it that so many punters can get in. I don't want to know. How is it that people can get so aggressive. I don't want to know. How is it that people can become so territorial and uncivic. I don't want to know. What I do know is, I want out.

It doesn't really matter who the DJ is. He could be playing some disco house and still, with the alcohol fuelled young males, temper flares will occur.

It's either I am really getting old or I am getting intolerant. But I do know I am getting sure of what I like and what I don't. Clearly, the shenanigans going on behind me wasn't about clubbing. It was about the unkindness of humans. The selfishness. The ugliness. And I am amazed that you can see it manifest in that manner. Refusing other clubbers to pass, fights, shouts, accusations. I had to stop an ah beng from turning his aggro on this ang moh kia squeezing in through with me. Nobody can help pushing because the crowd has taken a life of its own. ang moh kia thanked me.

The crowd at MOS is weird. It's like Zouk in early 2000s or late 1990s. Lots of young people, fights breaking out. These days, you don't see much of that happening.

Maybe it's the lousy design in MOS. The space between the bar and the tables that surrounds the dancefloor is like a valley fo death. The club may have huge international standing, it may be the biggest MOS in the world but hyell, if the design of the place sucks, it sucks. And when it's packed with so many people. Not only does it suck worse, it's absolutely a blackhole of sucks.

I must make a mental note that the club is not for me.

And fucker, if you are being territorial and not letting people go across, you can either earn enough to own your club or fuck off elsewhere. I am not your mate, your brother or your pal. So get your greasy hands off my shoulders. I could have knocked your chin with my shoulders had I wanted to you short fuck. If not for the fact that you look like you have yet to pay taxes.

I must remind myself I have got high blood pressure and all these stimulations are bad for me.

No comments: