Saturday, April 08, 2006

It's the weekend

This week has been rather rough and looking ahead it seems gloomier.
I wonder sometimes why do things have to change. And then I remember certain truths in life.

The only things that are certain in life are death and taxes.
The only uncertainty is uncertainty.

Well, well. No love. That's not certain.
And being uncertain is certain.

Change is not always welcomed. I don't get particularly excited about it. Especially when one of my favourite bands decides to change their style.

I stumbled upon kittystar's xanga blog recently because s/he/it (supposedly female) was linked to my review of Kings of Convenience concert. Fancy her calling me a freaker fan than she is. Grrr....

She listens to all these stuff that I listen to as well and I used to think that it's serendipitous to have another person listen to the same songs as I do. Until I discover that people who listen to Smashing Pumpkins are more likely to like Tori Amos as well (personal observation), you wouldn't think very highly of Coldplay if you've heard of Jeff Buckley. Your personal wishlist of singers that should stop by Singapore does not include perennial snobs like U2 (who will NEVER come) but will have singer-songwriters like Rufus Wainwright, Goldfrapp, Ryan Adams, Beth Orton.

Anyhow, noticed that she was listening to Sia, Feist and Belle and Sebastian so was just asking if she liked the current B&S album. Personally, I like the older stuff, especially from Tigermilk and If You Are Feeling Sinister. Over the next few days, I dropped further comments about Feist and Sia. And since Wednesday, I stopped. She asked a question that I will take sometime to answer.

So what is my favourite B&S album and song?


Man: I am getting a divorce
Mistress: Oh, Frank. Finally.
Man: Yes. Finally.
Mistress: Does your wife know?
Man: ???

No comments: