Wednesday, February 08, 2006

If you don't know me by now....

An earlier ICQ conversation led to this entry.

Yes, shock shock horror horror shock shock horror...I am still using ICQ.

I'm arcane. So be it.

But anyway, it was about how sometimes when we get to know a new friend, we might realise that this new friend is actually interesting/boring/undergoing cataclysmic change/etc but somehow we just didn't know.

Oftentimes there are interesting/boring/undergoing cataclysmic change/etc with or without us.

Then I remembered this song that was by Mick Hucknall (I never understood why he needed to be known as Simply Red, there was never a fixed band. Mick's reputed to be a ruthless operator. Red because he is a MAN U supporter. bah! C'mon York City FC!!!!) that goes

"....if you don't know me by now, you will never never never never never never *lost count* know me again..."

You think it's a romantic song? Unlikely. It seems to sing of breakups and misunderstanding. But the warped theme is this. Some guys in a relationship hold off alot of stuff to avoid being understood....So it's actually a selfish guy singing here. He refused to be understood. And now he is complaining?

Don't you just feel like you've just been shafted? Fickle arse! Twat! Bugger!

No comments: