Friday, November 03, 2006

Phuket Series #01: Introduction

I think it's going to be a daunting task for me. Trying to blog about everything I wanted to while in Phuket. So instead of lumping everything into one entry (it's hard to upload >100 pictures and I actually took about >300 pictures), I'm gonna break them down into manageable sizes.

My main aim of travelling to Phuket during this time of the year is to coincide with the Phuket Vegetarian Festival. It's easy to follow when the festival starts. Just use the lunar calendar and it'll always be on the 1st through to the 9th day of the 9th lunar month. It's actually celebrated here and in Penang as well. Just not in a manner as grandiose as in Phuket. It marks the day when the Nine Emperor Gods return from heaven to earth.

So this post will kick things off. And to allow easy navigation, I'm gonna list down the various enteries at the end of each entry in the series. So once they indicate a link, it means that I've blogged about that.

*****************
#01: Introduction
#02: General
#03: Food
#04: Island Tour
#05: Vegetarian Festival
#06: Muay Thai
#07: Firecracker Special
#08: Afterthoughts

No comments: