Thursday, November 02, 2006

Bands that struck my fancy recently

I used to think that it was rather weird for music journos like X'Ho, Yeow Kai Chai and Paul Zach to continue to write about fresh music and music that was cutting edge. I mean, these guys are not exactly youthful but yet they always seem to be spot on when it comes to music. Guys their age should be listening to Eric Clapton, Simon and Garfunkel, The Carpenters, Bread, Eagles and stuff like that...and be contented.

I'm stereotyping. They're weird. But in a cool way, those three.

So I'm quite please with myself that fresh sounds and new bands still excite me. And in recent weeks, these two bands have struck my fancy.

OK Go and The Editors.

Exciting stuff.

Check out the exceptional video for OK Go's Here It Goes Again: Possibly a single take and on threadmills....

No comments: