Sunday, July 23, 2006

Pattaya - Healthland Spa

I was telling V about the two traditional thai massages that I had when I was in Pattaya. One of the super budget no frills offer with dubious shower facilities while the other is this new joint:

Healthland Spa
.

Had the 450baht traditional thai massage. Massage auntie made me learn a new thai word - jebb. As in "ebb" but with J sound in front.

Jeb in thai means pain.

I don't really have to say that word. Or "jeb mak mak" which translate to "much pain". I just scream.

That was what I was doing for a quarter of the time, wringling in pain. Half the time was laughing at my plight. And the rest of the time I was actually feeling sabai - another thai word meaning "feeling good".

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

healthland spa is the one tt v n i went to in sathorn bangkok! we did foot massage there tog w my dad, i think i fell asleep n jerked/kicked the massage lady hahaha

even paradorn srichaphan goes there, got picture of him wih the massage people.

.::: .: :.:. :.: ... ::: :. .::. .: :. ::. said...

It's got a branch in Pattaya! It's quite new and looks super clean and proper.

I don't think I would have fallen asleep during my massage. Pass out maybe.