Tuesday, July 25, 2006

Half The World Away

I like the first verse of the song by Oasis.

I would like to leave this city
This old town don't smell too pretty and
I can feel the warning signs running around my mind
And when I leave this island I'll book myself into a soul asylum
And I can feel the warning signs running around my mind

What do we get after May is all these calls for price increase. Great timing. Inevitable, but sigh.... I must acknowledge that it's a tax that affects those who use it. But it's public transport lor. And there is no alternative. Oh, yes, bicycles and walking. Or just stay home more.

Now SMRT saying they are going to raise their prices too.
Yesterday the NEL broke down because "Investigations showed a wire which supplies traction power to the trains had come loose." I think that was the "initial" investigation. Cause a wire coming loose, to the laity, should mean tightening the said wire.

But it was close for the rest of the day. It should have been more than a loose wire.

Turns out it was a power line that had snapped. And the reason why it took soo long to recover.....Director of Rail Operations Alex Goei used the mother of all reasons. "Comprehensive tests would then have to be run to ensure the system was safe, he said." Nobody I know can argue with safety.

I reminded myself that I did economics in university so that I can learn about things like information asymmetry, George Akerlof and Kenneth Arrow.

1 comment:

Goat Almighty said...

it's amazing how PR people from big organisations seem to always have ready template excuses in their heads.

i read the news daily and see them all the time in the forum pages. annoys the hell out of me.