Sunday, August 28, 2005

Sunday with V

It was a short and tiring weekend and Sunday was spent with V at various places. We started with lunch at n.y.d.c at Wheelock. Had the posh spice thing and earl grey elephancino. the earl grey was my third cup of the day. Had two cups of earl grey at home in the morning. With milk. And the third MUG (elephancinos are hugeass) was way too sweet. I shouldn't have added so much sugar syrup..

V had her Jedi Mudster which she didn't find entirely enjoyable. Perhaps it was the lousy corner seats we had.

We then strolled down towards Tanglin Mall and went into Jason's and guess what I found!



YES! I finally found what I wanted to taste. The one earl grey that I have heard of but never tasted.

It's almost midnight now and after a spicy dinner and drinking a mug of herbal drink prepared by my mum, I decided that I will drink The Lady Grey Tea tomorrow night.

Anyway, V and I had a short rest at Tanglin Mall food court with me wolfing down a bowl of beef noodles. Not very tasty. My conclusion is this: Lavender Food Court Beef Noodles are good. Bendemeer Food Centre Beef Noodles are good (not in the same way as the former)...the rest of Singapore's Beef Noodles are just ordinary. I am not talking about the Geylang stir fried variant. Amongst the franchises, only Hwa Heng can make it. Especially the Scotts Picnic Food Court branch...

Anyway, we decided it was too hot outside to continue anywhere...and stayed in the air-conditioned comfort of the mall..

The humdrum forced me outside again and I dragged V to the botanical gardens. The main Orchard Road gate was closed for renovation so we went further down to the Minden Gate along Holland Rd. Haven't been there for years! Mental note: must go there again and in more comfy clothes with camera in tow.

Saw a couple of squirrels and got bitten by twice the number of mozzies.

Dunno why but the botanical gardens seems to be in a state of being renovated. It was still very warm and both of us were itchy from the mozzie bites. finally got some respite from cafe les amis at the botanics.

We left in the cool of the setting sun...for dinner.

Must go botanical gardens again.

No comments: