Wednesday, August 24, 2005

China - funny how the cracks don't seem to show

Josiah is a very important name in fine bone china. I mean the potteryware, not the country.

Josiah Spode was the potter who developed fine bone china otherwise known as porcelain.
Josiah Wedgwood is the very Wedgwood who started the world-renowned Wedgewood potteryware.

Josiah means "(G)od supports". Some biblical background blahs, King of Judah at age 8 blahs.......

The other China is of course the country. High quality porcelain is china and China happens to be the place that that alot of such high quality porcelain is from.

confused.

anyway.

both meanings of this same word is found in one song by Tori Amos.

China all the way to New York
I can feel the distance getting close
You're right next to me
But I need an airplane
I can feel the distance as you breathe

Sometimes I think you want me to touch you
How can I when you build a great wall around you
In your eyes I saw a future together
You just look away in the distance

China decorates our table
Funny how the cracks don't seem to show
Pour the wine dear
You say we'll take a holiday
But we never can agree on where to go

China all the way to New York
Maybe you got lost in Mexico
You're right next to me
I think that you can hear me
Funny how the distance learns to grow

Sometimes I think you want me to touch you
How can I when you build a great wall around you

I can feel the distance
I can feel the distance getting close

Well, I found out the distance between Beijing, China and New York from this useful site (click here)

It's 10975.870605621849 kilometres or 6820.089804057957 statue miles or 6820.089804057957 nautical miles. THAT's pretty far.

And if you got lostand found yourself in Mexico along the way, it must have been due to some Coriolis effect or something.

1 comment:

Princess Poofie said...

why all these stuff about china???
:-P