Sunday, August 07, 2005

Things that keep me up at night (not the dripping tap)

"Frankly, I don't think they would be able to afford me," said Ms Lu Yumin, 23, an accounts executive who says she loves shopping and fucking travelling.

That was what I read in the papers today. About this rag & bone man who was gonna propose to a nursery child care centre principal. He's known as Mr Khiew. Khiew who?

"Were you agreed to help me to build a up our better, bright future." Mr Khiew.

That's his proposal written on a small strip of paper.

But ST cannot have bad grammar on their paper. they cannot have fu*ck but can have cheebye. Go figure.
So the above was corrected into: "Will you agree to help me build a better brighter future?"
I think Mr Khiew's orginal sounds more sincere. Cause it's by bloody him. Not some other editor....
Continuing the papers.......

Sylvester Sim looks like a social-drug junkie sans makeup. Maybe he was staying up at night too, like me, listening to the dripping tap. That filial son. He was probably concerned about his mum - Avigline, court case. He looks hungry too, judging from his sullen state, and that by taking his mum out for lunch, he was surely gonna order some food for himself.

Stem cell expert Hwang Woo Suk who cloned a dog, is a 'national asset' of South Korea. He works 7 days a week. Arriving at the lab by 6am and leaving at midnight. Sleeps 4 hours. And that four hours of sleep he equates to time spent with wife. He says that it is very difficult for her but she is very proud of his achievements. So I am guessing they talk to each other in their sleep. Damn, the Koreans are the new Japanese alright. Efficient even in their state of rest. Find me a Korean wife please. In fact, I can afford the time to have 2 Korean wives if I sleep the normal 8 hours. Presently I can afford the time for 1.5 Korean wives with my 6-hour sleep routine. But financially, I can't. So....Actually his story reminds me of a song by the Flaming Lips: Race For The Prize. Wayne Coyne is a lyrical genius.

Two scientists are racing
for the good of all mankind

Both of them, side by side

So determined

Locked in heated battle
for the cure that is the prize

but its so dangerous

but they're determined

Theirs is to win
if it kills them

But they're just human
with wives and children

Upwards to the vangaurd,
where the pressure is too high

under the microscope, hope against hope

Forging for the future
but to sacrifice their lives

both of them side by side, so determined

they're de
termined
if it kills them

They're just human
with wives and children

Theirs is to win,
it will kill them

They're just humans
with wives and children

Lastly there is Jas Liew, a 19 year-old student who cheerleads, weigh 42kg and makes sense. She was featured on ST's hot bods column. She drinks a glass of unboiled tap water everyday as it detoxifies and cleanses her body. She avoids eating noodles because she thinks they go straight to her tummy. Ah.....the wonders of our NEWater. She might be right about the path that noodles take upoin entering our mouths. No wonder char kuay teow, fried hokkien mee and mee goreng are fattening. The noodles just slip right down.

I was checking out The Cabinet website. Well, anyway, Mr Lee Hsien Loong was clearly an over-achiever. He was a Brigadier-General when he was 32 years old. When I am 32, I should be so lucky and start calling myself Mr instead of some other military rank. At most it would be a Major. I am not wicked. But, what are the chances of another cable car incident? Touch wood.


*Touch wood* not like that. So naughty.

Mr George Yeo entered the Singapore Command and Staff College (SCSC - aka Some can come cannot) when he was 25. That is a very *wow* thing in military school where the average age of your peers should be thirtysomethings. SCSC prepares senior officers for very important jobs. And at 25, to graduate at the top of your class, says alot about him.

Now to start the day. Slept at 5am and woke at 930am. Funeral wake woke me up. Not funny. It's the 7th Lunar month by the way. Mind the things that go bump in the night.

1 comment:

Princess Poofie said...

eh, u dun need to sleep ah....
even i woke up only at 11 plus.