Tuesday, August 02, 2005

Tuesdays are just an extension of Mondays

Tuesdays are over-rated.
I think they no longer mean that we are one day closer to the weekend.
They are just an extension of dreary Mondays.
Wednesdays follow Tuesdays (I am beginning to sound like a pre-school teacher teaching days of a week). They are suppose to be the midweek hump. Get over this hump and you'll pick up speed towards the weekend. But if your Saturday is gonna be spent somewhere in the middle of South China Sea....Wednesdays, Thursdays and Fridays are just like Mondays. And the Sunday after the Saturday sailing is gonna be a harbinger for the inevitable Monday that will follow.
Damn.

It is unlikely that we will ever have days ending in "y" off. So dream on Mark. They will let that happen only if they officially change the spelling of [day] to [dei] hahaha.

So now we know how a week works and what it is made up of...

Today was also the first time in weeks that I managed to get out of base at a time that approximates close to the official knock off time. I have been putting in extra hours since the start of July and there hasn't been much of a breather...

But the reason why I could go off was because I was gonna visit one of my guy who was admitted into Changi Hospital. He was reacting to some painkillers he took and so the ambulance came into the wharf for the second time in as many months. And the other time in July, it was also for one of my guy whose finger got slammed between 12 6kg 57mm ammunition and the ammunition rack. That's 72kilos for those who are mathematically challenged. Plus acceleration of gravity blah blah my physics fail me....it equals great pain.

Ambulances on the wharf is not a fun thing. It is not a common thing. But we seem to be seeing a pattern here.

I'm gonna watch Perth on 15 Aug. Got my tickets. Wahey!
I'm gonna check out The Observatory's new album launch as well. That's on 2 Sep. Can't wait for the ticks. =)

No comments: