Tuesday, February 13, 2007

Three Funerals and A Wedding

Before I die, there are a couple of things I would really like to do. Like Bungee jump. Learn to drive....usual resolution shit.

I did me some serious thinking today. And decided that there are 4 things I would like to witness in my lifetime. Hence this blog entry - Three Funerals and A Wedding.

First Funeral


Lee Kuan Yew is the first funeral I choose. Because I would really like to witness the outpouring of grief amongst Singaporeans. As well as perhaps, the champagne popping amongst the opposition quarters. Actually no, I don't think the opposition will be in such a jubliant mood. They might feel a sudden loss. Perhaps even step down from politics because they don't see themselves as having any reason to go on fighting anymore. But the most important observation I wish to have is this: Will There Be A Public Holiday???

Second Funeral


Queen Elizabeth II is the second funeral. Not because I am wondering if there will be a public holiday throughout the Commonwealth. It's just that I want to see the pompous grandeur that will surely accompany the death of this ruler who brought the kingdom from an industrialised superpower to its present state as a first world lackey to the US and an ever decreasing kingdom. It's not a bad thing per se (The British did introduce cricket to India), this colonialisation thing. Essentially, I would like to see how the monarchy can hold itself after her.

First Wedding


This wedding is linked to the monarchy so I will skip the third funeral and jump to this joyous occasion. The wedding of Prince William and Kate Middleton. This should be boiling over soon. So will Kate Middleton be the next Princess Diana to continue to lure dumb American tourists who love the UK monarchy more than the royal subjects themselves? Will Kate Middleton be the next Princess Diana?

Third Funeral
Anybody heard of Patrick Tse?

I want to witness his funeral for a really simple reason.....Do you know he refused to take his sunglasses off while shooting a bed scene with an actress? What about his own funeral? Do you think his body will still be wearing sunglasses.

And will the photo placed at the foot of his coffin have a photo of him, with sunglasses as well?

And will Nicholas Tse give his trademark tortured look?



I will wait patiently. I do wish that the funerals won't happen soon.

No comments: