Sunday, February 11, 2007

Dinner at Song Trang

Had my dinner tonight at Song Trang. Alright, normally I hate to blog about such stuff but this is worth a mention.

Song Trang Vietnamese Restaurant is located in The Atrium@Orchard. Opened since last year but I only noticed it last evening with V. Was asking V if she wanted to have dinner there but she said after tasting authentic Vietnamese food in a Ho Chi Minh restuarant, she was not too interested.

Not me. I'm a sucker for Vietnamese food. Especially the noodles/vermicelli stuff and spring rolls. The dishes are great too and I remember having dinner two nights in a row at this roof top place in Hanoi. Ate about $50 worth of food (pigeons, local fish, beef and many glasses of freshly squeezed lime juice) within two nights. Considering each bowl of pho bo will set you back by a dollar, that is ALOT of food.

So I went down today on my own and had their rice spring roll and bun bo hue. Finally got to taste my favourite noodle dish from Vietnam after 7 years! Never really tasted authentic bun bo hue in Singapore. The last time I had it was in Hue (obviously). The bun bo hue at Pho House in Suntec don't taste like the one I had in Vietnam. Perhaps it's the chef's style.

Song Trang is originally from Ho Chi Minh. The restaurant is the first branch outside Vietnam and the owners' kids are studying in Singapore. Standard Chartered cardmembers get 10% off total bill. Hurray!

No comments: