Sunday, February 25, 2007

Gah! Enough of those laurels! Give me Animals!

I saw so many Fred Perry tipped polo shirts last night I think I'm getting sick.

Give me Le Tigre please!

The American's answer to the Lacoste invasion in 70s. Weirdly, the spelling is in French. By the way, the Le Tigre website features a video clip of a tiger mauling a crocodile. Hahahahahaha.......but Lacoste is actually known as "the alligator" and not crocodile.

Anyway people who buy Lacoste seems to revel in the knowledge of having their crocodile looking to the right instead of the left. Which is the logo for local brand Crocodile. Lacoste people, in my opinion, are those who think they have a superior eye for quality and that they treasure the tradition. Because the original Polo is undoubtly by Lacoste. Just that Fred Perry had their logo embroidered but Lacoste only stuck theirs on, hot iron style.

Give me quality but give me credibility as well. Hence, because of the current deluge of Fred Perry-inspired mods in town, I'm gonna turn my attention to Le Tigre.

Actually. *wink*


No comments: