Wednesday, March 26, 2008

Puma Puma *whisper*

I knew that resistance was futile.

But still I tried.

I caved in today.Yes, there is really a pair of shoes here...


My last pair of Pumas were "Don Jon". A white leather shoe with perforations. They look a little too dandy. But, I don't mind it one bit. I have not been taking good care of it, so they are starting to tarnish/fade/yellow.... Sians....

Anyway, the story behind my new pair of Pumas goes like this:

Puma held a design competition at Central Saint Martins. This pair won third prize. It's called the CSM (Central Saint Martins) Type 2, a reworking of the original Tatau Mid L. There is an alternate version of the CSM Type 2 which does not have hooks but eyelets instead. What I have been told is that only the Vivo branch carries this. But I am sure the salesperson was not certain and sneaker shops in town must have this range as well as will other Puma stores (Marina Sq).


The designer is Jesper Borjesson from Sweden. Scandinavian design is always so alluring.... clean lines, just the right material, simple but with adequate details. Deserves a closer look.....



I like how Puma pays attention to their whole packaging. I'm a sucker for details and thoughts.


See closer......


Hahahaha.....

The colour is "whisper white".....auntie don't laugh!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

yes i remember getting this when i bought my pumas here :) elaine was amused...

.::: .: :.:. :.: ... ::: :. .::. .: :. ::. said...

even the box is funny....and the pieces of tags that come with the shoes...

sheesh, this is my third pair of pumas.