Tuesday, March 27, 2007

almost a cliche

The reason why I titled this post as such is because I almost wanted to have "leaving on a jetplane" as the title.

That would have been terrible.

V's off to Tokyo again. To see sakuras.

I saw them in 1999. When I was in Hiroshima. Some navy overseas training. There was a garden party in the JMSDF naval base. Nice. Drank hot sake dripped over bamboo tubes. And some seriously pretty girls.

Was at V's place. She was still trying to finish packing. We finally made it to the airport, in time for her tickets.

V and I never ever coordinate our dressing. But because we are such fans of "basic" items, we sometimes find ourselves coordinated in a sense like both wearing white or black tops over jeans.

Today was rather different. I turned up at her place in a green threadless t, my nudies slim jim dry black and onitsuka mexico 66 snow white/ snow white. She was in a brown threadless t, her calvin klein jeans and onitsuka mexico 66 tweeds.

And we both had black socks on.

I didn't want to say anything till we were in the lift going down. I said, "Eh, we look as if we coordinated." Her reply was quick, "Yeah, we look a like tree together. You're green, I'm brown."


left: Get some fresh air by Julian Glander right: Stone jungle by Andre da Silva Cruz.

Hahahahahahahaha.......yeah, there are trees in both t shirts as well...


p.s. if you thought that couples who coordinate their dressing is a cliche and that was why i use it as a post title, yeah, you're probably right too. good for you!