Saturday, May 16, 2009

Woke up this morning

I woke up this morning and a minute after getting out of the bed, I received an sms from my immediate boss.
I don't work Saturdays.
Not typically so. Unless I am on duty.

I quickly made a reply.

While watching a travel programme on tv, the images triggered the memories of my visit to Vietnam 9 years ago.
There was a tour that I signed myself up for.
I remember myself snorkeling in and around the bays and islands that were found near the coastal town Nha Trang.

The tour guide fashioned a "floating bar" of some sort using big tyre and an aluminium tray, and offered watered down ice cold alcoholic drinks. What appeared to me some cordial with red wine.

Floating in middle of the sea after a suitable amount of the drink, listening to the Beatles and other radio classics from the 1960s and 1970s. There was a particular song that made me think about my life then.

As it does now.

Yesterday,
All my troubles seemed so far away,
Now it looks as though they're here to stay,
Oh, I believe in yesterday.

Suddenly,
I'm not half the man I used to be,
There's a shadow hanging over me,
Oh, yesterday came suddenly.

No comments: