Sunday, September 16, 2007

Fon-T-Shirts

Previously I thought of stupid t-shirt designs (here and here) ......well..... here's more crazy t-shirts design after getting inspired by the Helvetica t-shirt.

This one features Arial on the top and Arial Black on the bottom. Arial is of course designed by Microsoft as a sans-serif font to replicate Helvetica.

I know the technicolour background looks super gay but it's fun lah. Was the typeface designed in Bauhaus in 1993? I seriously don't know.

This one is the one I dislike most. I agree that Times New Roman is very legible when printed as text. I think it is so recognisable that the immediate font that comes to mind for anybody when faced with a serif font is Times New Roman. So I left out "Times" and just replace it with "xxxxx". This is the standard font I use at my workplace. Font size 14 no less.

So everything that is official at my workplace; directives, circulars, training exercise orders, serial instructions are all suppose to be in Times New Roman, font size 14.


Another fun t-shirt. Wingdings! Absolutely meaningless except for the astrological signs... In WINGDINGS, you get the signs for Pisces, Capricorn and Libra.

Things get worse with this. It uses Symbol and I have further split it into SYM and BOL. All Greek to me now.


I like this one the most. Maybe because I associate the name Futura with the artist. It just looks so clean, modern and readable. Much like Verdana.


And lastly, Impact. Which like the name suggests, is suppose to provide that oomph! So I gave it a red background.








I am covered in skin
No one gets to come in

No comments: