Sunday, October 02, 2005

Coming Soon......Top Ten Best Album Names

V and I were in the cinema this after when she noticed a long slash on the cinema seat in front of her. I then said "The film's crap, let's slash the seats." V laughed and I said that was the title of an album by David Holmes.

I thought I should blog about my favourite album titles. Bricolage by Amon Tobin next came to mind. If you know who Amon Tobin from the Ninja Tunes stable of music makers is and how he makes his music, you will know why the album title is so apt....

I have decided that Fiona Apple's When the Pawn Hits the Conflicts He Thinks Like a King/What He Knows Throws the Blows When He Goes to the Fight/And He'll Win the Whole Thing 'Fore He Enters the Ring/There's No Body To Batter When Your Mind is Your Might/So When You Go Solo, You Hold Your Own Hand/And Remember That Depth is the Greatest of Heights/And If You Know Where You Stand, Then You Know Where to Land/And If You Fall It Won't Matter, Cuz You'll Know That You're Right will not be in the list.

I'm thinking of Smashing Pumpkins' Mellon Collie and the Infinite Sadness, Fold Your Hands Child, You Walk Like A Peasant by Belle and Sebastian.

Akan Datang.....

No comments: