Tuesday, February 20, 2007

Guinness Marmite

The fine line between Guinness Genius and Marmite Madness has been drawn.
Marmite is releasing 300,000 jars of Guinness Marmite. In limited edition, this special flavour will come in 250g. It's only for St Patrick's Day supposedly. The normal yeast used to make marmite is replaced with the yeast normally used at St Jame's Gate Brewery using a special recipe with Guinness yeast, giving it a subtle Guinness flavour, without the alcohol. .

Only in UK... been selling at Tesco, Sainsbury's (I miss you!), Waitrose, Morrisons and Co-op. Not at ASDA probably because ASDA is now under WalMart.

Priced at around £2.49. No St Patrick's Party should be without this. I believe the black and white look (as oppose to the usual black and yellow cap look) is a clever disguise. Compare the bottle to a pint of goodness. I mean Guinness....

I think the screwcap can be slightly off white. The resemblance will be even closer.

I'm not taking orders. But hopefully my favouritest sister will bring one back for me....

No comments: