Sunday, August 20, 2006

Ronnefeldt Teas

Passerby was asking me where to get Ronnefeldt Teas. These are like the super atas teas. I have never tasted teas by Ronnefeldt. I have only used their sleeping teapots which is what Big O cafe serve their teas by the pot in. It was supppose to be my X'mas gift to myself last year. But I decided to get some other stuff. Was it the Schott Zwiesel glasses? I think it was.

I do know that they (Ronnefeldt) have like trillions of flavours, infusions etc...ok. The number is actually closer to "more than a hundred" but that's like "trillions" figuratively. It's like some kids say that there are "millions and millions of stars" when in actual fact, there are gazillions of stars in the galaxy. By definition, a "gazillion" is the number one (1) followed by many zeroes (0). Like for example: 1,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000 etc etc.


The places that serve Ronnefeldt in Singapore will similarly be rather atas. Shangri-la is one. Another is at Fullerton. I don't know about retail or even who imports Ronnefeldt teas but I guess if you're having afternoon tea at the Rose Veranda at Shang, you can grab a couple of sachets, nobody will care. Shang carries almost the full range of Ronnefeldt teas. 101 flavours. Served in Wedgwood tea sets ok. Don't play play. Another atas brand. Not the usual Royal Copenhagen or Royal Doulton. Who cares about Royalty these days. Shit, Royal Doulton makes porcelain toilet bowls lor.

So, any of you out there can find Ronnefeldt Teas on retail, please let Passerby know.

Cheers!

No comments: